Each year in September at least three of our 12 Board seats open up, so we are always interested in recruiting new members interested in volunteering their time on our Board. The following gives you a sense for what Board membership entails, (detail can be found in our bylaws) but contact our President, Ted Ekkers to learn more and see if this might be a good opportunity for you.
Expected Board Openings for September 2015:
- Trustee ending September 2016
- Trustee ending September 2018
There are 4 officer positions and 9 Trustee positions. Officers have pre-determined roles in the organization, whereas a Trustee may take on various roles as needed. Each term is for three years and start in September.
President: Sets the agenda and presides over all board meetings while being an active volunteer for the Society.
Vice President: Provides as back up for the President, and also is in charge of Membership.
Secretary: Keeps minutes of all meetings, provides an annual report to the Minnesota Historical Society.
Treasurer: Manages all aspects of revenue and expenditures and provides a monthly financial report to the Board.
Trustees are expected to be active volunteers with the Society, attend Board meetings, and make an effort to attend public programs.
Process to Apply:
- By August 15th, submit this application, a resume and cover letter that includes the following information:
- What do you understand to be the needs and goals of the Society? (near term and long term)
- How do you believe you are able to help us meet these goals?
- What is your connection with St. Louis Park (years of residency, family, place of work). Current residency is not required.
- Expect a brief interview with at least two of our Board members in late August.
- You will be notified by September 1st if you are being put forth for nomination at the Annual Board meeting in September, which you would be expected to attend.
Send your application, resume and cover letter to:
St. Louis Park Historical Society
3700 Monterey Drive
St. Louis Park MN 55416
You may also email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Ted Ekkers at 952-300-0081 or email@example.com