This site, also known as 5648 Excelsior, was owned by the Monona Company in 1930. It was located at the NW corner of Excelsior and Xenwood. The rock and stucco building was built in 1948. A two-story addition was subsequently added. It was apparently consistently a Texaco station, although it changed ownership/management often.
From 1949 to 1954 it was Bach and McCarty Texaco – 3 pumps in 1949.
In 1955-56 it was Jenkins Texaco, owned by Rod Jenkins.
In 1958 it was Al’s Park Texaco, Al being Al Domeier.
From 1959 to 1960 it was called T&G Texaco.
November 18-19, 1960 was the Grand Opening of Lane Texaco, featuring airship balloons and Double King Dorn Stamps!
From 1962-64 it was Wally’s Texaco, run by Wally Lindlelien.
In 1967 it was run by Floyd Newcomb.
In 1968 it became Maurer’s Imported Auto Service, owned by Helmut and Jan E. Mauer. This was primarily a Mercedes dealership. Thus it remained until Mauer got into legal trouble and sold the showroom to Kevin Kees in 2004.