Looking to replace that lost Echowan, or just want to have a copy of a certain year? In partnership with the High School Media Center, the Historical Society has cleared out our collection and are raising funds by selling extra copies that we have collected over the years. We are keeping one copy instorage and an additional copy for public viewing at our office, so these are additional copies for which we no longer have a good use or storage space.
You will notice that many of the books belonged to Park alumni; these books at some point were donated to the High School or the Historical Society to use as we saw fit. If the book is for sale, it simply means we have a couple extras in better condition.
INVENTORY: Check the most recent INVENTORY LIST updated on August 10, 2016. This list may change often as people reserve books or books go back into the inventory.
COST: Echowans issued before 1960 are $15 each. Books issued after 1960 are $50. Prices are firm regardless of condition. Shipping is an additional $8 per order, but we encourage you to stop by the office to pick yours up!
THE CAUSE: Funds raised from the Echowan sale will be used for our Building Fund which is to pay for short and long term space needs which make our collection conveniently available to the public. Our hope is to establish a permanent history center to display all of our great artifacts.
TO RESERVE YOUR BOOK:
- If the book you want is on the Inventory List above, then
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what book(s) you want – Please reference the “Control Number” in your request. If you don’t like email, you can also call and leave us a message with your request (952-583-9893) (Having trouble with the email link? – it just means you will need to type the email address in whatever email program you use. Still not working? Just call us!)
- You will receive a reply email (or phone call) to let you know if your desired book is still available, and a reminder on payment instructions.
- If you still want the book, follow the payment instructions below and in the email. If you changed your mind, please let us know so we can make it available to others.
- If you are able to pick up your book, it will be available during our regular office hours, which are every Saturday from 1 to 4 pm. Please bring a check or cash with you. (You may pay online in advance but we prefer checks or cash to avoid processing fees.) Our office is located at 3546 Dakota Ave. So., Suite C, upstairs (sorry, no elevator).
- If you are unable to pick up your book and need to have it shipped, you may make your payment by:
- Mailing a check made out to St Louis Park Historical Society to 3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park MN 55416. Please remind us of the book you are purchasing to ensure we don’t mix anything up! Don’t forget the $8 shipping fee.
- Paying by credit card or PayPal. Follow this link to our gift shop, select the Echowan product and continue to checkout and select the appropriate shipping fee. If you do not want to use a PayPal account, you should select the “guest” option when the PayPal site is opened and you can use a credit card. (If you live outside the US, please email us to arrange a fair price to accommodate the increased postage.)
- If you live locally and cannot pick your sign up on a Saturday, let us know and we may be able to make other arrangements.
Email us at email@example.com if you have any trouble.
Once you have made your reservation we would appreciate prompt payment, as there may be several people who are interested in the same book. Books not paid for within two weeks of reservation will go back into the inventory.
THANKS!! for your support with this fundraising project!