This park was located in the northwest sector of the intersection of Highway 100 and Excelsior Blvd. A map from 1933 indicates that the area featured a gas station, brick store, two houses and garages, a shed, barn, and horse corral.
The park was built in 1939 with the other roadside parks. Pictures taken when it was completed show quite a large park, in fact, with a beehive-type grill. This intersection soon became the busiest and deadliest in the State. The two roads were finally separated in June 1969, obliterating the park. The site is now under about 14 lanes of traffic.
These pictures were taken by Mn/DOT in 1939.