The Fern Hill Store was a two story wooden building that stood where the Park Theater was later built in 1939. Irene Knox wrote to say that her Grandfather, August W. Nyberg, and family ran the store during the years 1917-18. There was an apartment on the top floor, with a wooden staircase that led up to it in the back. Irene sent these photos, obviously taken to commemorate a notable snowfall. Later owners of the store were the Moldestads, who ran it here while they were building their own brick store building just east of here.