1155 FORD ROAD

This building was located on Wayzata Blvd. in Shelard Park.

 

The Court House Racquetball and Handball Club opened at this site in December 1972.  It was owned by Richard Leary, who was a financial advisor to many of the area’s top athletes.  An ad in the St. Louis Park Sun listed the club’s co-owner/operators:

 

Bill Goldsworthy

Lou Nanne

Barry Gibbs

Murray Oliver

Jerry Burns

Bud Grant

Jim Finks

Bill Brown

Dave Osborn

John Michaels

Jim Kaat

Rich Reese

Paul Giel

Bus Mertes

 

Facilities included 8 courts (one glass exhibition court), a nursery, walk-in whirlpool, sauna and lounge.  The ad also announced a National Racquetball Invitational Singles Tournament, featuring the Nation’s Top 16 players.

 

Tax records indicate that new condos were built on this site in 2007.