1949-52: Keller Brothers Sporting Goods and Camera Store was opened in July 1949 at 5601 W. Lake Street by Rog and Bob Keller. Among their wares in 1949 was live bait.
In 1952 the store moved to Miracle Mile. A 1953 ad in the Echo listed Gregg Laminated Hickory Skis, Lund Hockey Sticks, Nestor Johnson Skates, Speed, Hard Toe, and Figure Skates, and Skate sharpening service.
Some news in December 1955:
In 1956 the manager was Al Stone and Ben Helmin was the Sporting Goods Buyer. This store added a hobby shop in 1956.
Two views of the Miracle Mile store taken by Steve Brown (that’s him in the first photo taking a selfie!)
The store left Miracle Mile in 1962.