As many churches do, Knollwood Christian Church started as a few families, in this case six, in 1963. It is located at Highway 7 on the site of the former Suburban Baptist Church, which was present from at least 1956 to 1963. The building was remodeled in 1984, leaving just one wall standing from the old building. During construction, church members met in the basement of Knollwood Plaza.
Senior Minister Brian Lindquist grew up in the church and has been a pastor since 1983.
The building on the left (and top) contains the worship center, the church library, a nursery for newborns, a small kitchen and a fellowship hall. There is a handicap-accessible entrance on each level.
The building on the right is the YES Center, which was given to the church in 1992. The YES Kids Program formed in 1995, supported by the church, grants, individuals and fundraisers. The upper level has the staff offices, a prayer room and a space for youth and children. The lower level is home to a neighborhood youth center, complete with pool table, basketball hoop, foosball, several pinball machines and video games. There is also a stage where local bands often come and play concerts.
The church’s Web site is http://www.knollwoodcc.org/