This building was located on the peninsula between Highway 7 and Lake Street. It was built in 1946. Meyers Advertising owned the billboard.
In 1948 the name Nels P. Larsen was associated with it.
From October 1952 to 1956 it was the site of West Lake Motor Rebuilders.
In 1956-58 it was Johnson Bros. Plumbing and Heating. Johnson Bros. had been on Excelsior Blvd. in 1953, and was gone from the directories by 1961.
In 1976 it was Sport Wheels, owned by Danny Kannenberg. The shop was later relocated to Jordan.
From at least 1991-94, Ervin Ostendorf ran Erv’s Small Engine Repair.
In 2007 the building looked the same as it did in 1955.
In 2008 the building was sold and replaced.