Purchase an authentic St. Louis Park street sign! These signs have been servicing motorists, cyclists and pedestrians for many years, but it is time to retire them. We think they make a great memento, reunion gift, cabin decoration, or whatever else you can dream up.
Why do we have these? Rest assured, we have not been stealing street signs! A state law requires that all street signs be updated with reflectorized material within the next 10 years. As the City replaces these signs they are allowing us to sell them to raise funds for the Society. Street signs vary in size and weight and shape and may have varying degrees of wear and tear.
STATUS: The City is through with this replacement project, and we are not expected to receive any additional signs.
INVENTORY: Check the most recent INVENTORY LIST updated on May 20, 2017. This list may change often as people reserve signs or signs go back into the inventory.
COST: Signs can be had for a $25 tax-deductible donation each ($20 for current members of the SLP Historical Society). Shipping is an additional $8 per order.
A note about numbers printed on the street signs: Most street signs for the “alphabet streets” have a block number printed on them. For example, in the picture below, Ottawa has 4800 listed on it. Please note that these numbers do not correspond to the cross street that the sign used to stand at. Instead, the number indicates the number of blocks west the street is from Nicollet Avenue in Minneapolis. In this example, Ottawa is 48 blocks from Nicollet Ave. and is thus considered the 4800 block in St. Louis Park. There are no block numbers on the East-West numerical streets. And you will see (like Westwood Hills Road in the picture) that not all named streets have a number printed on them. If interested you can reference this listing of street names to find out the block number for all “alphabet” streets in St. Louis Park. (The signs below are not necessarily all still available.)
TO RESERVE YOUR SIGN:
- If you have received an email that a sign you requested previously is now available from the waiting list, or
- If the sign you want is on the Inventory List above, then
- Email us at SLPStreetSign@gmail.com and tell us what sign(s) you want (including size preference if applicable). If you don’t like email, you can also call and leave us a message with your request (952-583-9893) (Having trouble with the email link? – it just means you will need to type the email address in whatever email program you use. Still not working? Just call us!)
- You will receive a reply email (or phone call) to let you know if your desired sign is still available, and a reminder on payment instructions.
- If you still want the sign, follow the payment instructions below and in the email. If you changed your mind, please let us know so we can make it available to others.
Signs are $25, or $20 if you are a current member of the St. Louis Park Historical Society. If you are not a member, but think this is a good time to become one to get the lower price, Download a Membership Form and send it along with your order, or pay for your membership and sign up online in our gift shop.
- If you are able to pick up your sign, it will be available during our regular office hours, which are every Saturday from 1 to 4 pm. Please bring a check or cash with you. (You may pay online in advance but we prefer checks or cash to avoid processing fees.) Our office is located at 3546 Dakota Ave. So., Suite C, upstairs (sorry, no elevator). Here are directions.
- If you are unable to pick up your sign and need to have it shipped, you may make your payment by:
- Mailing a check made out to St Louis Park Historical Society to 3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park MN 55416. Please remind us of the sign you are purchasing to ensure we don’t mix anything up! Don’t forget the $8 shipping fee.
- Paying by credit card or PayPal. Follow this link to our gift shop, select the Street Sign product and continue to checkout and select the appropriate shipping fee. If you do not want to use a PayPal account, you should select the “guest” option when the PayPal site is opened and you can use a credit card. (If you live outside the US, please email us to arrange a fair price to accommodate the increased postage.)
- If you live locally and cannot pick your sign up on a Saturday, let us know and we may be able to make other arrangements.
Email us at SLPStreetSign@gmail.com if you have any trouble.
Once you have made your reservation we would appreciate prompt payment, as there may be several people who are interested in the same sign. Signs not paid for within two weeks of reservation will go back into the inventory.
THANKS!! for your support with this very successful fundraising project!