SWENSON AND REDEEN GROCERIES

Hopkins friends (Nels) Swenson and (Carl) Redeen opened the Swenson Redeen Meat Market in October 1923 at 6512 Walker Street next to Doc Brown’s barber shop and pool hall. Swenson bought out Redeen in 1942.  In 1948 the store moved across the street to the Hamilton Building, where it operated until Nels passed away.  It closed in January 1952.

 


nelsswensoncarlredeen1925
Nels Swenson and Carl Redeen, 1925

 

Nelslesnorgardcarlredeen1932
Nels Swenson, Les Norgard, and Carl Redeen, 1932

 

swensonandredeen1940s


 

swensonlarge1951
1951

 

Save