This was one of many buildings removed for the transit station at Louisiana Ave. It was built in about 1962, when Paul Geyer ran the Tatra Ski Shop. Tatra goes back to at least 1955 when it was located at 2418 Golden Valley Road in Golden Valley.
In 1973-74 it carried the odd name of Who Cares Inc. It was billed as the “Midwest’s Largest Sailing Center,” and offers “Skiing, Sailing, Camping, Backpacking, Hiking, Tennis, Canoeing, Kayaking, Skiing and Sailing Schools.”
In 1987 the building was the home of Penrose & Crain Carpet Co. – “Since 1974”
The building was removed in 1987.