From about 1953 to 1968, this was the U-shaped Westwood Motel. A 1954 ad promised that rooms would be heated, and had TV sets.
In 1961-65, the proprietor was Henry A. Walch. Walch may have had something to do with Hoben Motors. In 1967, the name Arthur G. Larson shows up in the tax records.
In 1969 or so the motel was demolished and an Embers Restaurant was built.
The December 2003 directory lists it as Embers America-Sophie’s.
The building at this location now was built in 2007. In 2010 it was occupied by Westwood Hills Dialysis, owned by DaVita Home Hemodialysis.