Details are sketchy about the building that was first on this site. We do not know when it was built. The first info we have is in 1946-47 when Harry Wolff of Park Hardware asked to park his trailer home in the back of 4306 Excelsior. From the looks of it, it may have started out to be a house. A clue is that the building next to it to the west (4308) was a house built in 1927.
In 1947-51 it was Ruden China. (4306) (In 1956, Ruden China was at 4150 Excelsior Blvd.)
In January-September, 1949, Park Hardware, Plumbing and Heating occupied 4304.
In 1953-54 it housed Marv Conn Food Plan Freezers. An ad in the October 23, 1953 Park High Echo offered a $10 Reward to any student who send s in the name of a family who is interested in and joins the Marv Conn Food Plan. “Both food and freezer cost nothing more than what you spent for food before.”
In 1955 there was Ray M. Tharp.
In or after 1958 an office addition was built to the east with the address 4304.
In 1959 there were other businesses: Charles H. Busch, food broker; George Pannkuk, food broker; Country Club Food Service (“Tomorrow’s Food Service Today”); and the Kelly Insurance Agency.
In 1963 the owner was M.E. Zylka.
From 1964 to 1980 it was Lacy, Walker Inc. food brokerage. This company was started in 1940 by Russell Lacy and ? Walker. The company represented national companies like Pillsbury. Russell Lacy and his son also had a catering business.
By the time Lindly F. Opitz bought the site in December 1987, the building was gone. The site is now an Opitz parking lot.
The pictures below are from 1969.