The house at 5607 Excelsior Blvd. (formerly 5609) dates back to before 1924, when Oscar B. and Rose Wicklund constructed a garage. The Wicklunds lived there until about 1934.
In 1935, Nate Shepherd requested that the house be connected to the water main.
In 1939 it was the home of Mrs. Shepherd and a Miriam Compton.
In 1942, Rev. Thorvald B. Madsen, a professor at Trinity Seminary, and his wife Petra lived in the house.
From about 1947 to 1950, Peder H. and Marie Pilegaard lived there; they moved to 4028 Xenwood by 1956.
In 1959 the building was used as an office for the Phillip Branchrau Real Estate Co.
In 1959-61 it was home to the AMCO Steel Fence Co. (By 1964, AMCO had moved to 2821 Ottawa.)
The building was taken for the Highway 100/Excelsior Blvd. interchange in about 1966.