The office building at 5922 Excelsior Blvd. was built in 1947 at a cost of $7,000 by W.E. Lawyer.
In 1950 it was known as Al Spencer’s Snack Shop, Al Spencer and Joe Gagnon, proprietors.
The Brookside Dairy Bar was advertised at that location from 1951 to 1954. In 1951 a Mr. Gagnon was its proprietor, as we learn from a news article about a break-in.
In 1957 the building did a stint as Crescent Cleaners.
By at least 1964 it was owned by accountant Gerald B. Frederick. It is connected to but not the same as 5930 Excelsior.