John Addison Goodrich was born in 1850 in Westfield New York.  He came to Minnesota with his widowed mother and sister in1855. He married Ellen Robertson in 1874.  She died in 1894.

John came to St. Louis Park in about 1898 and worked at the Sugar Beet Factory for two years.  He married Etta Hannah Castle on April 11, 1900.  He worked for Monitor Drill for four years, then had a dray business.  He moved out in 1916 and died in 1935 in Pillager, Minn.


Hi home in St. Louis Park was 3463 Alabama.  When he left the Park he sold his lots to Herbert Carleton.
Children born in SLP:
Cora 1903
Earl 1906
Edith 1909
Eleanor 1911
John C. 1915

Daughter Lillian was born in Pillager.

John’s father and grandfather (and further back) are in the book The Goodrich Family in America, published in 1889 by Lafayette Wallace Case. 

John A. Goodrich does not appear to be related to George E. Goodrich or Calvin G. Goodrich.  It is unclear which one of these men Goodrich Ave. was named after.