This was a building that was razed for McDonald’s parking lot. The building and/or some of the businesses were owned by Samuel “Sammy” Okrent and his wife. The Okrents were concentration camp survivors and taught students about the Holocaust by showing them the numbers tatooed on their wrists.
6300 Lake Street (the east side) was traditionally a store:
Min-it Market – 1960-70
The Slipt Disk – Grand Opening June 1972. Records, Hobbies and Crafts, Incense, Tapestries, Patches, and Imports. In other words, a Head Shop.
November 1973: Midwest Shoppers – Stereos (former Slipt Disc)
6304 Lake Street was traditionally a photography studio. The dates below are gleaned from ads in the St. Louis Park High Echo.
Beaux Arts Studio – April 1955
Milton J. Blumenfeld Studios, Bill Pletsch, Manager – 1956
Scherling Studios – November 1957
Scherling Pletsch – February 1960
William Shragg – 1960 ((former) owner of Beaux Arts Studio, 6500 Lake Street)
Scherling Studios – 1961
This picture was taken in 1955, before McDonald’s was built.