This building was built in 1949 for the Grimsrud Hanson Shoe Co., owned by W. G. Hanson. In 1950 it was used for a warehouse but one could also buy shoes and rubber footwear, according to an October 1950 ad in the Echo.
In 1971, the owner was Richard W. Hanson and the company had 8 employees. Its last listing in the directory is in 1979, when tax records show it is owned by Lind Enterprises. In 1988 it was sold to A.H. and Elaine Lieberman.