This is the site of the M.L. Gordon Sash and Door Company, founded in 1947. Cardinal Insulated Glass Co. at 7115 W. Lake St. was a subsidiary of Gordon.
Here are some hints about the site from City records. These are not stated as fact and may have been misinterpreted. Corrections are welcome.
1950: J.C. Peterson owned several parcels of land
1956: Land owned by Nathan Gottstein
1959: Original building built for $125,000
1962: M.L. Gordon advertised in the Echowan
1963: Addition built for $40,000 – 10,000 sq. ft.
1964: 2 radio towers erected. 75 employees
1967: Warehouse added
1971: Mrs. M.L. Gordon, president; Otto Trettel, secretary; Leo H. Gelhar, treasurer; Stanley Tilly, vice president (80 employees) as reported in a Sun business supplement.
2003: Purchased for $2.85 million by the Rotenberg Co.