This page details buildings on Meadowbrook Road (not to be confused with Meadowbrook Blvd.) that are on the outskirts of Skunk Hollow. The information has been primarily culled from city tax records. We welcome additions and corrections. The black and white photos are from tax assessor files.
3938 Meadowbrook Road: It’s possible that there were houses at this location that were taken out for the present building, built in 1969. In 1975 it was owned by Schloff Chemical. In 2010 it is Wellington Factory Direct Windows.
3938 Meadowbrook Road, 1973
3938 Meadowbrook Road, 2010
3941-51 Meadowbrook Road: Tax records show that National School Studios was located here in 1962. The present building was built in 1969.
3941-51 Meadowbrook Road, 1969
3941-51 Meadowbrook Road, 2010
3954 Meadowbrook Road: Roy E. Phillips is associated with the property when it was built in 1961 – in 1962, Drayco Ins. is listed. From at least 1973 it has been Merit Gage, Inc.
3954 Meadowbrook Road, 1973
3954 Meadowbrook Road, 2010
3960 Meadowbrook Road: City land
3961 Meadowbrook Road: City land
3964 Meadowbrook Road: This property is associated with 7500 Excelsior Blvd. – it may be a warehouse adjacent to the main building. It was built in 1956 for Coast-to-Coast. Musicland took over the main building in 1977, but the records for this property show 1991. In 1996 it was bought by Japs-Olson Co. printers.
3965 Meadowbrook Road: This building was built in 1961 for Reuter, Inc. – Investment casting and precision machining, Edward J. Reuter, President, 120 employees. In 2010 it is the Electric Wire Products Corp.
3965 Meadowbrook Road, 2010
3981 Meadowbrook Road: This is land owned by Japs-Olson.
3985 Meadowbrook Road: This land was associated with the Salkin & Linoff property at 7400 Excelsior Blvd. In 1993 it was purchased by the Appliance Recycling Centers of America.