This gas station, west of France, was first built in 1940 as Boyce Nemec Standard.
From the beginning it has been and remains a Standard Station, owned by Ashland Oil of Kentucky. Some names associated with the station include:
It was added on to in 1953.
1952-58: Chuck Caron, operator
1966: Rockline’s Service
1980-81: Russell’s Standard – Russell Shaak, proprietor.
2007: Car repair shop
2008: Mulberry’s Environmentally Friendly Cleaners
These dates are not all-inclusive and we welcome additions or corrections.