The history of this site is a little unclear. It had alternate addresses of 4217 and 4219.
1937-50: Arthur Hartert apparently owned a house or houses on the land, age unknown. A garage was rebuilt in 1937.
1939: Sewer was hooked up.
1948: Hertert owned a 1-1/2 story (with porch) dwelling on the property.
1950: Water was hooked up
1953: A building permit listed the owner as the Francis Drake Hotel.
1956-62: Two single family houses were on this site (probably way earlier than 1956).
1962: The house on the corner was relocated, and the adjacent, smaller house was demolished. Phillips Petroleum built a gas station. Builder was John A. Merz and Sons. The station had four pumps and two bays, and there were three 6,000 gallon gas tanks.
May 1976: gas station was demolished, 3 tanks removed
1976: Southland (7-11) built new building (the current building)
1980: Building was remodeled from store to office building.
1989: Johnson-Johnson & Edvartsen – manufacturer’s representatives
2007: All Care Dentistry
We appreciate any corrections or additions to this information.