This building is a bit tricky to find; although it has an even number and should be on the south side of Minnetonka Blvd., it is actually on the north side, in a cul-de-sac just east of Highway 169. See the links to the churches for photos of the building.
The building was built in 1955 and occupied by Cross of Christ Lutheran Church until 1965.
From 1965 to about 1970 the building was occupied by Suburban Baptist Church.
The 1981 directory shows Calvary Memorial Baptist Church at this location.
In May 1981 there was an ad placed by the Church of the Jubilee at this address. The ad was an invitation to see a movie called “666 Image of the Beast” and urged readers of the Minneapolis Star to “See this movie so you can miss the real thing.”
In 1984 the building was purchased by Calvary Temple Evangelical Association. The church is not listed in the 1984 directory’s list of churches, but Calvary Community Church is in the regular listings, shown at 1922 – 4th Ave. N. in Minneapolis. The church was also known as Souls Harbor since it began in Minneapolis in 1946.
In 1993 we see a listing for the Seed of Abraham Messianic Congregation.
In 1997 the name was changed to Calvary Worship Center.