TIMOTHY LUTHERAN CHURCH 7814 Minnetonka Blvd.

Timothy Lutheran Church was originally called Park Lutheran Church.  It held its first service with 17 adults on September 9, 1951.   That year a building at 3000 Texas Ave. was used for services.  In May 1952 the name was changed to Timothy Lutheran Church.  In 1953 the site at Minnetonka Blvd. and Rhode Island was purchased for $7,000.  A new chapel was built at 7814 Minnetonka Blvd. and was dedicated on October 18, 1953. The church featured brass crosses made by Evelyn Raymond, renowned St. Louis Park sculptor. It is almost identical to a church in Bloomington; both were built from plans furnished by the Wisconsin Synod’s missions board.  An addition was built in 1964, and the church was remodeled in 1965.

 

Timothy Lutheran Church, November 1, 1954 – Minnesota Historical Society

 

Buildings used (some since sold)
3000 Texas – Church – 1951
3036 Texas – Parsonage – 1951
7814 Minnetonka – Church – 1953
(Sumter Ave.) – Parsonage – 1962
7820 Minnetonka – Teacherage – 1976
7900 Minnetonka – 1981
3122 Hillsboro – Parsonage – 1994 

 


TIMOTHY LUTHERAN SCHOOL

Timothy Lutheran School, Park’s first Protestant day school, was convened in 1958 in the basement of Timothy Lutheran Church.

It started with 14 students in grades 1 to 3.

Grades 4-6 were added in 1961. 

Kindergarten was added in 1963. 

7th grade was added in 1967. 

8th grade was added in 1974.

 

The school was closed in 2011.

 


2005