This property sits on the top half of the so-called “Industrial Circle” that T.B. Walker laid out in the 1890s for factories to locate.
MILL CITY PLYWOOD
As early as 1957 (and probably earlier) it was known as 7301 Walker Street and occupied by Mill City Plywood, which had a stucco building at the site. The company sold fiberboard, veneers, particle board, and plywood panels. At one time it sold mobile homes and marine equipment. In 1971, Leonard Erickson was president (36 employees).
LOUISIANA OAKS APARTMENTS
In 2000/2001 the Louisiana Oaks apartment complex was built on the site with the address 7201 Walker Street.
To our knowledge it was never on the Creosote Plant property.