What appears to have been a white house was built at 4514 Excelsior Blvd. in 1949. That year, a tenant was Jan Del Homes, Inc.
In 1951 Johnson Brothers Plumbing and Heating, owned by Fritz Johnson, was listed at this address.
In December 1951 until at least 1952, William Murphy ran St. Louis Park Plumbing and Heating.
Nordeen Studios, Albert C. Nordeen, Prop, occupied the building in 1950-58. In 1959 Nordeen moved to 4061 Alabama.
By 1958 this building was the St. Louis Park Chiropractic Clinic, presumably built by Dr. C.R. Gustafson, who had been previously officed at 4100 Excelsior. Dr. Gustafson advertised heavily in the Dispatch. A picture of the building was published on March 13, 1958. A 1960 ad for the SLP Chiropractic Clinic listed Dr. Gustafson at the Excelsior Blvd. address and Dr. K.V. Bofto at Texa-Tonka. A 1962 ad for the SLP Chiropractic Clinic listed Dr. Gustafson at the Excelsior Blvd. address and Dr. D.D. Glick at Texa-Tonka.
The building on Excelsior was demolished for Excelsior and Grand.
These pictures were taken in 2000.