The building at 4811-15 Excelsior Blvd. was built in 1951 on the land owned by greenhouse owner Leslie Santos.
4811 Tenants include:
1951-52: Dine – Eez Breakfast Nook Company. In 1950 the company was located at 1104 E. Lake Street in Minneapolis. It opened in St. Louis Park in May 1951.
1959-60: Sid Nolan Hair Stylists
1960: Park Hair Stylists, featuring exclusively male stylists. Mr. Lawrence. Mother and daughter permanent wave special, March 1960
1960: Patti “J” Hairstylists, in June
1964: Jesuit Mission Service
1966: Gold Hare Men’s Styling Salon – later also women’s. Owned by John Taylor.
1969: La Querida Ltd. Boutique: “body jewelry, suede department, wild wild earrings, mod scarves, all at prices to suit you swingers”
Latitudes Map and Travel Store
4813 Tenants include:
1951-56: Boulevard Furniture
1968: Brochins Book Shop
Arrow Appliance Minnesota Rehab
4815 Tenants include:
1951-61: C&C Realty. Both ads below are from the 1952 directory.
1953: John Schold & Sons, Inc. In 1954 Schold bought the Rutherford Building at 5005 Excelsior Blvd. and moved it to 6111 Excelsior Blvd.
1956: Anderson, Ralph Sigred & Assoc.
1959: Econ-o-Wash Laundry. Dave Williams, Kermit Quaintance, and Arnold Alger, owners. Meant to be the first in a chain, it was advertised as having a spacious, comfortable lounge with 30 washers and 10 dryers (always open). 100% “petal soft” water was promised. Their grand opening was held on April 17 and 18, 1959. A 1962 ad for Excel Coin-Op (inside Econ-O-Wash) used quality Westinghouse Drycleaning machines.
The St. Louis Park Optomist Club met in this building as well
2002 Photo by Emory Anderson