The stucco Schadow Building at 6100 Excelsior Blvd. was built in 1956. Insurance agent Gene Schadow rented and later bought the building. When he retired he sold it to his son Bruce, who later sold it. In May 1993 it was purchased by James and Laurene Meger of Edina.
Occupants of the building included:
1959: Martin-Schadow Agency
1960: Holt Construction Co., Jerry Holt, Prop.
1964-72: Schadow Insurance Agency: Gene Schadow, his sons Bruce and Mark
1964-65: Suburban Management Co.
1965-66: Brookside Builders