Before this commercial building was built in 1949, it may have been the site of Century Products Co. We have a report that the frame of a 1938 Ford dump truck has the name of the company and the address on it. We do not see that company listed in the directories, though.
In June 2004, the current building was purchased by the St. Louis Park Economic Development Authority, which had plans to redevelop the Highway 7/Wooddale intersection.
For a time, the SLP EDA rented the property to STEP, after they were no longer able to operate out of the old Brookside School building.
STEP has since moved on to 7020 Walker Street.