Below is a link to an Excel spreadsheet that lists the oldest (1874-1938) homes and other buildings in St. Louis Park. The list ends at 1938 because the advent of FHA loans in 1939 created a huge building boom that would make this a very long list.
Things to Note:
- This list was made in 2010; since then many of these buildings have been demolished or substantially renovated.
- A house may be listed as very old, but only a small portion of the house may actually date back as far as the date given.
- Information on when a building was built originally comes from the City’s office of the Tax Assessor. The source of the original information, especially of the very oldest buildings, is unclear. Assessor information is generally only recorded back to the 1930s at the very earliest.
- The City then provides the information on year built to Hennepin County, which makes it available on its Property Information Search website.
- This data may not always be correct; if you have better information, please contact us.
- We suspect that many of these houses are not in their original locations. Moving houses was a common practice, especially along Highway 100 and in South Oak Hill.
- In the year 2000, members of the Historical Society took photographs of most of the buildings that were built up to 1909. These pictures are at the Historical Society office and are available to view during office hours or by appointment.
Click on the link below to open an Excel spreadsheet.