Rev. Willard Reeves took the first steps toward the organization of the St. Louis Park Presbyterian Church in the fall of 1956. It was the first attempt to establish a Presbyterian Church in the Park. The first service was held at Eliot School on January 6 (13), 1957. The church building, located at Quebec and Cedar Lake Road, broke ground on October 13, 1957, was first used for services on June 1, 1958, and was dedicated on October 12, 1958. The $120,000 building was designed by Merrill Birch of McEnary and Krafft, Architects.
[A Presbyterian church located at Westwood Hills 1st Addition, Block 1, Lots 14-19 (7624 Cedar Lake Road) was approved by the City Council in October 1955, Liebenberg and Kaplan, Architects.]
The church’s website is http://peaceprez.weebly.com/index.html