The land that would become known as Wooddale Park was first owned by Richard Strout, who received a patent from the United States on March 10, 1856. The property was mortgaged several times and foreclosed on in 1861. It was sold at a sheriff’s sale to Eliza Grimes on April 3, 1863. Eliza died November 15, 1902, leaving the land to 12 of her relatives. They platted Wooddale Park on April 25, 1910, and on August 28, 1913, sold the property to Intercity Investment Company (Incorporated February 11, 1910).