Park Point Apartments were built in 1948 on land that had been previously used as a Potter’s Field – paupers’ cemetery – by the City of Minneapolis. See the history of the Pest House Here.
In 1945 the land was sold to Carl O. Carlson; the price for the 2.6 acres is reported as either $4030 or $5150.
The photo above shows the buildings just north of Highway 7.
Other names for the complex include:
- Garden Village
- Burning Tree
Addresses of the five buildings are:
- 4301 Minnetonka Blvd.
- 4315 Minnetonka Blvd.
- 4325 Minnetonka Blvd.
- 4310 Highway 7
- 4320 Highway 7