REPUBLIC AVE.

This street, located in the industrial part of the Park, was no doubt named for the Republic Creosoting Co., a major employer in the city’s history.  The street is east of the area where the plant was, and none of the buildings seem to have any relation to the plant itself, which was established in 1917. 

Prior to the change of the village’s street names in 1933, it was known as Curve.  The following are links to the buildings on Republic Ave., as we have information and/or pictures.  Dates indicated are the dates the buildings were built.

Northeast Side

3305 Republic – 1954

 

3309-11-13 Republic – 1966
 

3325 Republic – 1954

 

3329 Republic – land

 

3333 Republic – 1949

 

3337 Republic – 1965
 

3351/55 Republic – 1958

 

3357/61 Republic – 1956

 

 

Southwest Side

3320 Republic – 1951

3338 Republic – 1951

3340 Republic – land
 

3400 Republic – land